Microsoft 2.0

Couple of years ago I have written about Microsoft and had some ideas to improve its performance (http://itgeneral.blogspot.hu/2011/06/where-to-go-microsoft.html ).
Let me review what I had suggested and what happened since then:

1. Suggestion: reinventing Windows

I suggested to pay more attention to hardware and build flexible Windows. Microsoft launched hardware products but not in cooperation with hardware vendors as I would prefer..

2. Suggestion: Universal Office

My view was that time (and still is) that Office should be turned to a suite of universal personal and team publication tools. A lot have been done in this direction.

3. Suggestion: Mobile

Microsoft hasn't given up the Mobile business but neither pushes it as hard as it should. More is needed.

4. Suggestion: Innovate 

I expected more innovation e.g. Kinect or Surface based products. These products arrived but more is needed...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger