Online subscription

Now most on-line content is free but it may change. Frankly I have nothing against it if the value is above the price. However I have some expectations of accessing on line content and apps.

Registration

The first is about registration, it can't be avoided but it must be simple. I already have dozens of user names and passwords and I don't need more. A good site should allow me to reuse an existing id e.g may Facebook or Google ID an OpenID or anything else which is commonly used. I'm sure that it would make the registration rate much higher.

Consumption method

Next I need an easy overview and selection of content, tools, application and services. Consumption is either pay per view or pay per use. In the first case I get access (and usually download or physically receive) to  the artifact I want to have (e.g. download a book) which gives a sense of ownership. In the other case I have a kind of subscription which I prefer because it has less limitations (e.g. access is implicitly device independent or I can access various content under the same subscription); e.g I have a "shelf" where I can put any book I want to read (probably with the condition that it can't be changed very often). 

Menu

So I prefer services and I prefer a menu to select the ones I want. It can be quite complex but I imagine a big table. I really should be similar to a menu of a fine restaurant (maybe with a more interactive than paper GUI) where I simple tick together what I want. It's may choice how long I use a service, but naturally the vendor can expect a minimum period if it wants to, if I don't want to use it any longer I simple tick it out. It's up to the vendor whether it requires an extra fee for using different (types of) devices,

Discount

Using more services or using them longer means a nice discount for me which I always can see at the top right corner on the menu page. Clicking on it will explain to me how the discount is calculated; I hope it's not complicated. It is just beside my credit, however I have to know that paying in time or in advance  earns me more discount. Being a VIP customer my earn me a personal discount.
I don't like it but some services may depend on other services in that case the interface must help me to see the dependencies.

B2B

There are companies too, which may require multiple subscription. No problem with that; I simple ask for several copies of the same service and naturally supervise "my users" by giving them access one by one. The system should be help me in that. And I may have a website and may want to integrate e.g a news block into that website. No problem: I simple add the domain name, receive an access code and can start using it, however there are limits for the number of visits and the price increases if the limit is exceeded within a given time period.

Configurator

This looks like a car configurator albeit more complicated. I think it's only a questions of time and some vendor will came out with a good configurator platform. Maybe it will be called advanced webshop.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger